Take Control Over Your Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors by Logging Your Picking, Pulling, or Biting
How many times have you picked, pulled, or scratched without even realizing it? How many times have you yelled at yourself to stop but couldn’t?
Unfortunately, speaking from my own experience, the answer is probably countless times. Body-focused repetitive behaviors (BFRBs) are deeply ingrained habits that often happen automatically.
The essential part of healing is cultivating awareness of your BFRB patterns and disrupting them before responding to the triggers. As you may know, once you give in to the urge, the downward spiral is pretty much inevitable.
This journal will help you develop awareness. You will discover your stressors, understand your triggers better, and recognize patterns. With this newfound knowledge, you can find specific coping strategies for your BFRBs.
After numerous failed attempts to keep track of my BFRBs using apps and spreadsheets on the computer, I developed this BFRB Awareness Journal. In conversations with other BFRB sufferers, I learned that I’m not the only one who prefers to use pen and paper!
Writing by hand forces us to slow down and write more thoughtfully. This way, we can think more deeply and process information better.
My goal with this journal is to provide you with a simple yet effective way to track your body-focused repetitive behaviors. That’s the first step towards finding and fixing the root causes of your triggers.
You will have all the information you need in one place to develop your own coping strategy for fighting your BFRBs.
As a fellow BFRB sufferer, I use this journal to better manage my skin picking (dermatillomania), nail-biting (onychophagia), and cheek-biting (morsicatio buccarum).
May the BFRB Awareness Journal help you with your BFRBs too!
To your positive coping and success, Anja
Who Should Use This Journal?
This BFRB Awareness Journal is perfect for you if …
- You want to gain more awareness and therefore more control over your BFRBs
- You’re feeling overwhelmed about how to begin your BFRB healing journey
- You want to develop a BFRB coping strategy
- You’re tired of printing log templates or drawing inconsistent templates in a notebook
- You want notes to share with your therapist or counselor to better understand your BFRB episodes
- Easy to fill out log templates
- Illustrated BFRB coping affirmations and motivation quotes, some of them I created as coloring pages—so grab some colors and keep your hands busy!
- Free printable BFRB coping affirmations that you can add to your trigger locations
- Printable information and worksheets that support you on your BFRB healing journey
Where to Get Your Copy of the Journal
- Order your copy of the BFRB Awareness Journal online on Amazon
- Or, order it at your local bookstore. Just provide them with this ISBN number: 978-1-7777736-0-1